Tips for First Time Homebuyers
Breakdown of the Video
This video talks about how hard it is to find a house. It’s easy for people to get upset when they see other houses that they want but can’t buy.
For example, if someone sees three houses and needs to decide which one to offer on, the first thing is not to submit three offers at once. It’s better to just submit one and see if it gets accepted. If not, then you can move on to the next house.
Another important thing is to only have one Overland Park real estate agent. It’s confusing and frustrating for both the buyer and the seller if there are multiple agents involved. The buyer’s agent should be the one who is doing most of the work to find a house and submit offers.
The last thing that is mentioned in the video is that agents are there to help buyers every step of the way. If buyers have any questions, they should ask their agent before contacting the seller or the listing agent.
The three key takeaways are:
1. Only submit one offer at a time
2. Have only one real estate agent
3. Ask your agent any questions you have before contacting the seller or listing agent.
Remember these takeaways when you are considering your first real estate transaction. They will help guide you in a direction that is meaningful and capable of putting you in a position to achieve your goals.
Questions you Should Ask Your Real Estate Agent
In consideration of identifying the best real estate transaction experience, the following questions may be considered. These aforementioned questions should illuminated the potential of matching the right skillsets with your needs.
- How many offers have you submitted?
- How many of those offers were accepted?
- What was the average price range of the homes you looked at?
- What is your experience with first-time homebuyers?
- What would you say are the biggest mistakes that first-time homebuyers make?
- How can I avoid those mistakes?
- What do you think is a fair price for the home I am interested in?
- How much do you think I should offer?
- Why do you think that particular offer would be accepted?
- What are the next steps if my offer is not accepted?
- How often will you be in contact with me during the process?
- What is your preferred method of communication – phone, email, text?
- What other services do you provide to help me find a home?
- Do you have any recommendations for mortgage brokers or lenders?
- Do you have any other advice for me as a first-time home buyer?
After pondering these questions, one may consider event more thoughtful considerations too. Always be aware of any new questions and considerations that may bring more illumination to such a dense topic.
5 Reasons Why Working with a REALTOR® is a Good Idea
- REALTORS® are experts in the field of real estate and have a wealth of experience and knowledge to share with their clients.
- REALTORS® are members of the National Association of REALTORS®, which is a trade association that sets standards for its members and provides them with resources and training.
- REALTORS® must adhere to a strict code of ethics, which puts their clients’ interests first.
- REALTORS® has access to MLS®, which is a database of homes for sale that is only accessible to members of the trade association.
- REALTORS® can provide their clients with guidance and advice throughout the entire process of buying or selling a home.
In conclusion, working with a REALTOR® is a good idea because they are experts in the field of real estate, have access to MLS®, and can provide their clients with guidance and advice throughout the entire process of buying or selling a home.
Contact Joe the REALTOR® Today!
If you’re thinking of buying or selling a home in Overland Park, KS, contact Joe the REALTOR® today! He would be more than happy to answer any of your questions and help you through the process. You can reach him at 913-558-1182.